A place for Brigandine fans to coagulate

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Running Brigandine on Emulator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:13 am 
Not so new any more

OK... I tried to run Brigandine on an emulator a long time ago, I don't remember which one I used but I tried a couple and the only that I could get to work AT ALL would lock up as soon as I enterred battle. The characters would exchange dialogue (if there was any) and then nothing would happen at all. This also happened if the characters didn't exchange dialogue.

So... simple question. What emulator does Brigandine work with, and can I possible get a link? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:03 am 
Not so new any more

Location: Trapped in a pitfall, after wandering into a dark cave.
You can try PSXeven

The epsxe emulator (supposedly the most popular one) doesn't playback Brig properly, not sure about GE though, and suffers from all the problems you've mentioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:29 am 
Not so new any more

Ah, thanks a bunch!
Epsxe was the emulator I tried before, now that you've brought it up I recognize the name. I wasn't sure whether it was a problem of my emulator or my bios or whatever, but I guess it was the emulator so I will try this one now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:10 pm 
Not so new any more

Elchione wrote:
You can try PSXeven

The epsxe emulator (supposedly the most popular one) doesn't playback Brig properly, not sure about GE though, and suffers from all the problems you've mentioned.

Brigandine doesn't work on ePSXe (freezes at start of battle) but Brigandine GE works without any problems.

I really want to emulate my Brigandine disc on a pc (since I don't have a tv at the moment) so thanks so much for your link Elchione.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:59 pm 
Been around for a while

ePSXe can't play Brigandine. PSXeven is another plugin driven emulator (like ePSXe), but it should be able to run the game without any problems. Same with PCSX if you can even get that running.

Brigandine GE works with ePSXe, but it freezes in the very last battle. I'm not sure if PSXeven works, though.

Godlike: Myria (BoF3) vs Loki (Valkyrie Profile)
Heavy: KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) vs Cristo (Dragon Warrior 4)
Middle: Judecca (Wild Arms 2) vs Joachim Valentine (Shadow Hearts 2)
Light: Bolgan (Suikoden 2) vs Jogurt (Shining Force)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:47 pm 
Not so new any more

ePSXe freezes in on battles.

PSXeven's performance is very buggy and the sound isn't working properly. So no music.

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:53 pm 
I'm the gorram site admin!

It's a drag about ePSXe because that's my emu of choice when I even bother to use a PSX emu. I'm guessing some of you use an emu is an alternatiive to modding your PSX?

I gave PSXeven a try while I was in Japan, but I had the sound off so I didn't notice the sound didn't work...

Anyway, maybe there's some tweaking one can do to the ePSXe plug-ins to fix the freeze-up upon battle entry problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:03 am 
Not so new any more

I have to use an emulator because the disc I have is a copy of the game. I do actually own the game, but my brother took it from me (even though it's mine!) and he does't even play it (what a jerk!)
So I'm stuck using a copied disc of it with my emulator because my PlayStation isn't modded :(
I'm gonna have to emulate Brig GE if and when I get it, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:45 am 
Not so new any more

If anyone manages to find an emulator where Brigandine works, or manages to fix the settings, making it play without problems, then please share it here.

Myself, I just don't own the tv at the moment, which means that the only means of playing Brigandine I have is on my laptop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:46 pm 
Been around for a while

Friends of mine have allegedly gotten Brig to work perfectly with PSXeven. Like most plugin emulators, it probably takes a little tinkering for everything to work right.

Godlike: Myria (BoF3) vs Loki (Valkyrie Profile)
Heavy: KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) vs Cristo (Dragon Warrior 4)
Middle: Judecca (Wild Arms 2) vs Joachim Valentine (Shadow Hearts 2)
Light: Bolgan (Suikoden 2) vs Jogurt (Shining Force)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:30 pm 
Not so new any more

Quote:
If anyone manages to find an emulator where Brigandine works, or manages to fix the settings, making it play without problems, then please share it here.

PSXeven Emulator Configuration

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:13 am 
Not so new any more

Thank you Elchione. I copied your settings, unfortunately I still have the same problem. The music isn't playing, I guess it must be an issue with my soundcard. I have to try and do more tinkering. In any case, thanks for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:48 am 
Not so new any more

I suspect it's because a lot of Brigandine music is stored on different tracks (pop the CD in a CD player and you'll see) but the emulator only reads the first track of the CD (data). For this reason, it can't access most of the music on the CD. Just a thought, I don't know if that's the actual reason!
Also, using PSXeven, the game runs fine except this little music problem, and that the game pauses for a second or two at certain times, like before dialog pops up during battle, but it's nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:03 pm 
Not so new any more

You're welcome Ziggy, as for not getting music or sound, I'm also have the same problem. I wasn't able to get the sound playing in certain areas i.e. the dialogue between cador and zemeckis when you 1st start a new game, no bgm but sound effects are there (beep sound when u press X to skip dialogue), and with the no bgm in the world map view also. Other than these 2, I think everything else plays fine for me, quest music, organise music, in battle music etc. so it's isn't too much of a problem. In fact I couldn't get the bgms in the 2 instances above to play in epsxe either, so I doubt it's the emulator problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:22 pm 
Not so new any more

Elchione wrote:
You're welcome Ziggy, as for not getting music or sound, I'm also have the same problem. I wasn't able to get the sound playing in certain areas i.e. the dialogue between cador and zemeckis when you 1st start a new game, no bgm but sound effects are there (beep sound when u press X to skip dialogue), and with the no bgm in the world map view also. Other than these 2, I think everything else plays fine for me, quest music, organise music, in battle music etc. so it's isn't too much of a problem. In fact I couldn't get the bgms in the 2 instances above to play in epsxe either, so I doubt it's the emulator problem.

Thanks for that - that helps a lot! I have to do more tinkering and see if I can make music work in anything other than the two things you mentioned.

Edited to add: I just checked that. With your settings, I don't get organize music, music inside the castle plays fine, but battle music is just noise. However after tinkering a bit, I managed to get the music inside the castles and during the battle. :)